Do you have problem to choose debt consolidation company? This is answer from Wiki.Answer.com.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
1. The best way is to look for a reputable organization that is an approved nonprofit organization. You can check with the IRS to ensure that the organization is tax-exempt. Otherwise, any Debt Consolidation Company can try to sell you on a consolidation option that could make your situation even worse.
No harm looking for a company that is BBB registered.
Look for unresolved complaints in the company’s name.
Search the internet for the complaints that company has.
You can look up rippoffreport or search for the company name + complaints/ scam/ review/ feedback.
All these things will always help you make a decision.
Ask the companies to provide some referrences of customers who are already enrolled into the program.
Do not forget to ask the Debt Consolidation company about the drawbacks of the programs.
READ THE AGREEMENTS THEY SEND. The entire world knows that Americans dont read agreements. It is high time we stop trusting what is told to us over the phone. Start reading the agreements and make sure that what ever was told on phone, is that true or not.
And never forget to compare multiple options. There is no harm comparing. It is better to spend more time researching initially than regretting later.
2. You can choose the companies that provide you the consolidation services from some information like consolidation services can help people in debt by either repackaging their debts into one lower-interest loan or by actually reducing the total amount of debt a person owes through negotiating with that person’s lenders.
3. You should search first the reviews of debt consolidation loans company to make sure that they were not scam.
4. You should look for a debt consolidation company which is registered with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has a good rating. The best rating is A+. Check the BBB to see if there any complaints registered against the company and if there are, whether these issues have been resolved amicably. You should also view the history of a debt consolidation company. If the company is more than 3 years with good standing, it should be a safe bet. You should check with as many companies as you can and see which one can help you settle your debt the quickest, as that would be to your best advantage.
5. Aside from checking its legality, services and capacity You could always check its company background, costumers testimonials, records and current progress. You can also crossed check it compare prices and accuracy, with other companies. If still your not satisfied you can always ask for a free demo from them and see it fits in your needs.
How about that information? If you have any other info, let’s share with me..