Whether you’ve just got engaged and have yet to set a date, or you’re well into wedding planning mode, money and finances are a key factor to any wedding. If you’re worried you won’t be able to afford to pay for the most special – and probably the most expensive – day of your life, fear not – we are here to help with our five top tips to save money on your big day!
How much does the average wedding cost in Malaysia?
Weddings in Malaysia can cost anywhere between RM 10,000 and RM 500,000 – and more extravagant ceremonies may even go into the millions! It all depends on what you can afford, so don’t compare your wedding budget to that of others. And don’t forget: you don’t have to spend a huge amount of money to have an amazing day – read on for tips!
How to save money on your wedding
- Location, location, location
- Where you get married will have a huge effect on your budget, as venues often account for the largest proportion of your wedding spending. Your venue doesn’t have to cost a bomb though – decide on what type of venue you’re looking for and then shop around for the best deal. You might just uncover a hidden gem with great rates, simply because it isn’t usually booked for weddings.
- Check your calendar
- Choose your wedding date carefully! Prices soar on and around holidays, so you could make huge savings simply by booking another date instead. Avoid getting married on dates like 07-07-07 and steer clear of the peak wedding season and your bank manager will thank you for it!
- Set a budget… and stick to it!
- If you don’t set a budget, you’ll probably just lose control of your spending and end up needing to take out a loan to finance your special day. Don’t let it come to this: set out a clear budget right from the beginning and keep track of your outgoings as you go.
- You’ll be surprised how much money you can save just by shopping around rather than buying the first thing you see. Having a budget doesn’t mean having a worse wedding – it just means getting a better deal!
- Do it yourself!
- You don’t have to pay an extortionate amount of money for your invitations or wedding cake… or even that professional wedding planner. Chances are you can do it yourself and the result will be just as good, if not better! And if your baking skills aren’t quite up to the challenge, you probably know someone who’s up to the job, and who’s willing to help you out for a small amount, or even for free.
- Grow your wedding fund with the best interest rate
- Maybe you’ve been saving up for your big day for a while, or perhaps your parents helped you out with a lump sum towards your marriage, so why not earn as much interest on your wedding savings as possible?
Keep your fund in a savings account with a great interest and watch it grow. To find the best savings account for you, www.CompareHero.my has a quick and easy to use comparison tool which will show you all the different accounts and interests in a clear way, allowing you to make your decision with ease.
Written by: www.comparehero.my