Okay, maybe some of you have watched this reality television series entitled ‘Shark Tank’. I’m new to this series and found it is interesting.
I just know that this American reality series was premiered on August 9, 2009 which is about 6 years ago. This series based on the worldwide television series format Dragons’ Den that originally aired in Japan.
The series has aspiring entrepreneur-contestants make business presentations to a panel of ‘shark’ investors.
The entrepreneur can make a deal on the show if a panel member is interested. However, if all of the panel members opt out, the entrepreneurs leaves empty-handed.
The show include 5 panel include Robert Herjavec, Daymond John, Lori Greiner, Barbara Corcoran, Mark Cuban and Kevin O’Leary. Each of them gravitates his/her interests towards their niche.
I like the concept of the show. The entreprenuer trying to get some funds from this millionaire. But they have some agreement, the investor will take percent of the company if they agree with the business.
The concept is really easy. Just look how they deal with this shark. Some of them don’t really agree with the panel decision and just get out for this.
For me, I won’t trying to deal with this shark. Maybe my product could be exposure being watch by million of viewers. It is great as many rejected entrepreneur that become successfull.
Get into this shark is dangerous because they want to control our company. For me, it is better to do hard way rather than involved with this shark.
What I’ve learn from Shark Tank
There’s something I’ve learn from Shark Tank series such as :-
1) To become entrepreneur ain’t easy. There’s many challenge especially to impressed investor or bankers. It is not enough with good product. You need to present it in good way.
2) If I become the panel, there’s many opportunity to make profit. Just invest some bunch of money from potential entrepreneur. That’s easy rather than make my own product. But to become panel ain’t easy.
3) If I have money, I will produce this franchise series in my country. Not just for profit but also to expose some of potential entrepreneur to the market.
4) Sometimes, it is a gamble. Some of the entrepreneur become success outside eventhough being rejected by the shark.
5) Fail is not the end. Many entrepreneur that being rejected not ending on their project. They still going eventhough the funding is not there.
6) How to deal with corporate people. It show how the entrepreneur interact and deal with the shark.
That’s some of the point I could learn from one episode. Maybe it could make me realize that my dream of become entrepreneur is still there. Not just a dream. I’m recommend for those entrepreneurs to watch this series