Today, famous online retailer, Amazon.com has revealed their latest product called ‘ The Amazon Fire TV’. The product is a tiny, a set-top media player that will sell for $99. Amazon Fire TV trying to solve the problem of Apple TV and Roku as its media could solve current media players problem : hard to use text based search, poor, laggy performance due to video buffering and closed ecosystems.
The Amazon Fire TV player has a quad core processor and dedicated graphics processor like those used in more expensive smart phones to speed up operations and solve common complaints such as laggy performance. The player has 2GB of RAM and featuring ASAP , anticipates shows and movies that could faster access. Other features also include built-in dual band Wi-Fi, plus a small Bluetooth remote control that has seven buttons along with a click wheel navigator.
Besides supporting Amazon’s service Amazon Fire TV also compatibable with major bases such as Hulu Plus, YouTube, Netflix, Viimeo and Showtime Antime. The FireTV could wirelessly mirror with Kind Fire and other Miracast-enabled phones or tablets.
The Amazon Fire TV features
- Massive selection—Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and over a hundred games
- Perfect with Prime—Unlimited access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows including exclusive titles like Downton Abbeyand Under the Dome.
- Voice search that actually works—Simply say the name of what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds.
- Tiny box, huge specs—Fast quad-core processor, 2 GB of memory, dedicated GPU, plus 1080p HD video and Dolby Digital Plus surround sound
- Easy to set up and use—Pre-registered to your Amazon account so you can enjoy favorite titles and personalized recommendations
- Instant streaming—Exclusive new feature ASAP predicts what movies and TV episodes you’ll want to watch and buffers them for playback before you hit play
- Perfect for parents—Amazon FreeTime lets you easily limit screen time and create personalized profiles just for kids (coming soon)
- Great for gaming, too—Play blockbuster titles like Minecraft-Pocket Edition, The Walking Dead, and Monsters University, plus free games and Amazon exclusives. Paid games start from just 99 cents
For more information click picture below
// This is not related to finance but I think it is good to share. Maybe using this Amazon Fire could save us for entertainment expenses and we can cut our cable tv. Am I right?