I just read my friends twitter about whether it is to buy or rent a house. He just suggest to rent a home rather than buy one. I can’t agree or disagree about his opinion because that’s his perceptive.
I just read a home buyers guide and it give pro and cons of rent or buy a house. So, I’ll share it in this entry :-
1. Very little or no maintenance cost (borne by owner)
2. Smaller upfront payment (usually two month’s rent for the month you are moving in and utilities (refundable))
3. You don’t lose money if the property value drops
4. No long term commitment
5. Not responsible for any repairs or upkeeping (unless self-caused)
1. Your rent money is an expense
2. No certainty, your landlord can sell the place at anytime. Or ask you to move out.
3. Your rent can go up, depending on the market, economy or your landlord’s whim
4. Indefinite payments
1. Monthly loan repayment can be lower than the monthly rent payment
2. Property price may rise, increasing your investment’s value
3. More control over the home design and improvement
4. No restrictions on who stays with you and how you use it
5. Psychological : Satisfaction for owning a home
1. Higher initial cost (all those deposits, hidden costs)
2. Mortgage rates can fluctuate
3. On-going repairs and maintenances
4. Moving require more preparation and time
5. Neverending responsibility for maintaining the house
6. If suddenly you don’t like the area, ‘it will take time and effort before you can move out
That’s some of the pro and cons about renting and buying. I just copy from ‘Malaysia’s No.1 Home Buyers’ Guide What, When, Where 2 Buy’ from iProperty.com.
Some of the point I could agree and some of them I’m disagree. So, could you compare the pro and cons whether to rent or buy? Hope you can make the best decision and it could make your financial better and better.
That’s all for my entry today. If you have any opinion let’s share at the comment below.