Happy Ramadhan for those Muslim readers. I’m also a Muslim and celebrate Ramadhan. Ramadhan is a holy month for Muslim and sometimes many Muslim misunderstand about the concept. While Ramadhan is a good month for our health and money but mostly many people doing the wrong way (including me).
For this Ramadhan, I’ve another challenger. Before this, my expenses is for my wife and I but this Ramadhan, I’ve a baby. There’s budget I need to do such as :-
1) Zakat al-Fitr. I need to spend RM26.8 for this charity given to the poor at the end of the fasting in the Islamic holy month of Ramadhan. It is a small amount and hopefully it could help poor Muslim to celebrate Eidul Fitri.
2) Eidulfitri clothes. As I’ve a baby, we need to buy before Eidulfitri. I’m budget around RM2++ for this expenses. It including my Baju Melayu, my wife Baju Kurung and my son Baju Melayu. I don’t know whether it is enough or not but I’ll try it to buy it at the end of Ramadan.
3) Iftar and Suhoor meals. I’ve plan to iftar at mosque nearest my house. It could save me some budget but I still need to buy for my wife. I’ve budget about RM350 per month and maybe I could decrease it by cooking at home.
4) Charity.This month is good for charity at I think I’ll spend around RM250 for charity.
That’s some of my budget for this month. Luckily, I got bonus as I’m government servant. Other thing I’ve plan is to get insurance for my baby. It is a must as our life is always need money. Insurance is one way to cover my expenses especially for health spending.
So how to save money during Ramadhan ? This is my simple tips :-
1) Go iftar at mosque. It could save you at least RM10 for iftar per day. It could save you RM100 if you iftar at mosque in 10 days.
2) Don’t go to ‘bazar Ramadhan’. It could steal your money without you realize it. You will buy a ton of food and can’t finished it.
3) Relax and do home activities. Don’t drive your car to cinema, shopping complex to fulfill your hungry time. Read Al-Quran or do something.
4) Complete your work at office. The rest hour is for pray only. Get some minute to sleep before Zuhur.
5) The important part is follow your budget. Don’t overspending it.
That’s some of my tips. For those Muslim reader, how about your budget this money? Do you have any tips?