Top 10 Richest in Malaysia has been listed by Forbes.Still on the top is the founder of the Kuok Group, Mr. Robert Kuok. The 92-year old still top the list despite the pummeling of many Malaysian fortunes over the past year.
The second on the list is telecoms and properties mogul, Mr Ananda Krishnan whose wealth is US$7.4 billion. His wealth has been dropped after the government proposal to redistribute and auction telecom spectrum, sparking concerns of an expensive bidding war.
The second place is Mr Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan despite his net worth declining US$300 million from a year ago to US$5.3 billion. He held Hong Leong Co.(Malaysia) and also invest in the property and food sectors.
The list was compiled using information obtained from the individuals, stock exchanges, analysts, private data bases, government agencies and other sources. Net worths were based on stock prices and exchange rates as of the close of markets on Feb 12. Private companies were valued by using financial ratios and other comparisons with similar publicly traded companies. The complete list can be found at www.forbes.com/malaysia as well as the latest issue of Forbes Asia, available on newsstands now.
2015 Top 10 richest in Malaysia
1. Robert Kuok (US$10 billion)
2. Ananda Krishnan (US$7.4 billion)
3. Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan (US$5.3 billion)
4. Tan Sri Teh Hong Piow (US$4.65 billion)
5. Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng (US$4.6 billion)
6. Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (US$4.55 billion)
7. Tan Sri Yeoh Tiong Lay (US$2.25 billion)
8. Tan Sri Lau Cho Kun (US$1.55 billion)
9. Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar AlBukhary (US$1.45 billion)
10. Tan Sri Surin Upatkoon (US$1.15 billion
Source : NST