Do you know who is Tan Sri Mokhtar Albukhary is? If you’re Malaysian maybe you have heard his name but maybe not if you outside my country. Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary is top 10 richest man in Malaysia. In 2011, his wealth reached US 1.3 (RM 4.5) billions. That’s a huge amount of money and I wish that I could get 0.01 % . Maybe it is a dream now but there’s are not possible in the future. Maybe to become a billionaire is too far away but who’s know in 10 years I could become a millionaire. It can be achieved if I’ve work harder and not just dream of it. He is become one of my idol and I learn more from Syed Mokhtar AlBukhary biography book.
Okay, let’s back to the topic. Recently, I was reading an about Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary biography. Honestly, I’m not a bookworm and I’ven’t read any other book for more than 10 years. I just read comic that full of drawing or blog that gives information. Even the blog, I just read the short simple blog. In this year 2013, I want to change. One way to change is to gain knowledge either from all sources. Reading a book is the best way to increase my knowledge.
My resolution for this month is to read at least 2 books. I’ve bought book, ‘Biografi Syed Mokhtar Al Bukhary’ and ‘WTF? 23 properties by 30’ at MPH Bookstore. I choose to read ‘Biografi Syed Mokhtar Al Bukhary’ ( Syed Mokhtar AlBukhary Biography) first because it is written in my language and more easy to understand. I’m also a fan of that rich man and make him as an idol. It took me about a week to finish the 200 page book. Yes, it is a long day but still a good achievement for me, a lazy guy.
WHAT I GET FROM SYED MOKHTAR ALBUKHARY BIOGRAPHY
After reading this book, there’s many things I’ve learned such as :-
- Rich man not always stubborn. Syed Mokhtar is a humble person and not like other’s arrogant man.
- It shows that being rich is not evil. He have big money but using it for people. He doesn’t waste his money for motor sports or married to an artist. He still loyal with a wife and using an old national car, Proton Perdana.
- More money means we can contribute more to society. He makes a foundation that helps poor people local and outside country. He also builds a University to help poor people to learn in high level education. Can I contribute that much if I’m just an average salary man?
- There’s no short cut to success. The story about Tan Sri shows that a poor person can change their future. He doesn’t come from wealthy people. He also not furthers his study in university or college. He survived from A to Z. He also has a bad time when some of his business doesn’t work.
- How low profile people could become rich. Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar is not glamorous rich people. He doesn’t like spotlight or glamour. He is just working to increase his wealth
- Giving to others won’t make me lose but it could increase. This billionaire has the attitude to give some of his wealth. Not just small pieces but more than that.
- He has a principle and won’t break it. He has the chance to get fast money but his principle makes him hold her stock even in the economic crisis.
- There’s motivation I’ve gotten after read this book. Looking at his story give me motivation to success in the future.
There’s much more knowledge I gather after reading this book. I’m recommending you to buy and reading this book.